With both the Windows and Mac OS X versions of P0sixspwn being published the FireCore dev-team now have put in place the exploits found inside the Jailbreak solution from winocm, iH8sn0w and SquiffyPwn right into a new Seas0nPass version for Jailbreak Apple TV 5.3 Untethered Jailbreak. They’ve also provide an update to aTV Flash (black) the version 2.4 to work with new 5.3 firmware.
The FireCore dev-team The FireCore dev-team describe further the state that
“there has been some encouraging progress made on Apple TV 6.0+ thanks to our friends Evad3rs and NitoTV, and we hope to have more news available soon.”
So what is new in the aTV Flash (black) version 2.4?
- Added support for untethered Apple TV 5.3
- Improved reliability of installation process
- Improved diagnostic reporting
- Other various fixes and improvements
Those presently running the firmware 5.3 will simply require to install a Maintenance (2.4) update by these instructions given below:
- On ATV2, go-to Maintenance -> Manage Extras
- Install Maintenance (2.4) update and Click on the Untether (1.2) items
- Reboot the Apple TV when asked.
If you want to update to the 5.3 follow the instructions down below:
- Go-to “Maintenance -> Settings -> Manage Backups” and here create a new backup. Double check to ensure the backup is there in the “Restore From Backups” menu.
- Download the update of Seas0nPass version.
- Open and then run the Seas0nPass to update Apple TV to firmware 5.3 untethered.
- Download and execute the new aTV Flash (black) 2.4 version to re-install.