The Motorola’s new leading gadget, the Moto X launched under the Google, has up to now got a very good response from the users. This smart phone, has fantastic and unbelievable features, and now, there is a huge variation in the new Motorola Smartphone, special and stylish design makes it the ideal smart phone ever before by Motorola Inc.
If you possessed this awesome Smartphone, you would possibly need to modify and get the most from your own Moto X. The best way to do this, first of all Unlock the Bootloader and Root your gadget. In the following tutorial, we will guide you, How to Root Moto X with ClockworkMod Recovery installation your own Smartphone. Moto X comes along with a locked bootloader, for that reason to root Moto X, you will have to Unlock Bootloader first and then move forward to Root Moto X and Install the CWM Recovery. At the moment Bootloader Unlocking on Moto X is only available for the carriers and regions as under:
- Your device should have Unlock Bootloader. If not then Click Here to Unlock Bootloader on your Moto X.
- You should know, Unlock Bootloader, voids device warranty and you’ll also lose all your data, therefore, make sure to Backup your data, before Unlocking Bootlaoder.
- The CWM Recovery is Unofficial and released by a recognized XDA Developer, named as mattlgroff.
- Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk, We do not take any responsibility if anything goes wrong with your device. (Although it has tested on Moto X and is confirmed to be working 100%)
- Click Here to Download the Motorola USB Drivers for your PC. (Download it if you’ve already not installed on your PC)
- Click Here to Download the Unofficial ClockworkMod Recovery for Moto X.
- Click Here to Download SuperSU zip file package for Moto X by Chainfire.
- Click Here to Download Fast Boot Drivers.
You may also like these
- How To Root And Unlock Bootloader Of Nexus Device
- How to Root and Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105P
- How to Boot Samsung Galaxy S4 into Stock/CWM/TWRP Recovery Mode
How To Root Moto X With ClockworkMod Recovery:
ClockworkMod Recovery Installation on Moto X
1. To begin with extract Fastboot drivers and the Recovery folders on desktop.
2. Now relabel/rename the image file of CWM Recovery “cwm22.214.171.124.img” to “motox.img” or what ever you prefer. Now shift this renamed file to extracted Fastboot folder. As we’ve got in below image).
3. At this time, you are able to reboot the Moto X in Bootloader Mode. Here’s how you can do this;
- First Switch-off your device.
- Now Press and Hold the ‘Volume Down+Power‘ buttons at the same time.
- Now once you see the boot logo, then release the Power key but keep holding the Volume down key till you see the Bootloader menu options on your screen
4. During the bootloader mode, attach your Moto X with PC using data cable. And ensure that that the PC, identifies the device. If not try to change the USB port or re-install the above drivers.
5. On the PC, goto fastboot folder, in this folder hold down Shift Key+Right click and choose the “Open command window here”.
6. You will find a command line window, type the subsequent command and press Enter key;
fastboot flash recovery motox.img
7. After this command, it must flash the ClockworkMod Recovery on your own Moto X. At this point, what you have to do, is go-to recovery menu from the choices found on your screen.
8. As soon as you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, then utilizing the listed options, just reboot the device.
At this point you have only flash the ClockworkMod Recovery on Moto X, now adhere to these below instructions to Root Moto X.
How to Root Moto X
1. To begin with, Copy the SuperSU zip package file to Root storage of the Moto X.
2. From then on, you have to restart the Moto X in ClockworkMod Recovery. Here’s how you can do this:
- Turn off the Moto X.
- Now hold down the power+volume-up buttons at same time until you find the Recovery Screen.
3. You will be applying the Volume-Up or Down keys to navigate via the different menu options and to select any option use the Power key.
4. It is suggested that, Backup the device, by using Backup/Restore option.
5. Now select the “Install Zip” and choose the SuperSU zip file to intsall it on the Moto X.
6. Now as it completed, clean the Cache, then go-to the Advanced and remove, Dalvik Cache.
7. After almost everything is done, you may Reboot the device.
As soon as you reboots the Moto X normally, ensure that that SuperSU is mounted on your gadget, which verifies that you have effectively root access on Moto X. You can Install the Root Checker App also from the Google Play Store to Confirm the Root Access on Moto X.
That’s all my readers, Expecting that you have discovered How To Root Moto X With ClockworkMod Recovery.