As we heard Android 4.4.2 latest update is rolled out for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. In fact the Android KitKat update for US version of the Galaxy Note 3 was revealed previous month but for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 international version this update is released now. The update is start from Russia and after that it is actually approaching to Southeast Asia in next couple of days or so. So for all those readers who want to get this latest update on their device here’s how to install Android KitKat on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 International version.
As the OTA for this new firmware is already out there, but you can get this update manually and for that reason why we are going to illustrate you that how to perform this. This new update will be ready to install on every unlocked international model of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 no matter what country you belong.
You may also like:
- How to Download & Install Android 4.2.2 Jellybean Leaked Firmware on Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110
- How To Install Android 4.4.2 Leaked Firmware On Galaxy Note 3 [Tutorial]
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 On Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNAD
- How to Install CWM Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (AT&T) [Guide]
- How To Install Android 4.4.2 Test Firmware On Galaxy S4 [GT-I9505]
It must be said though that we will not be liable for any damage to the device during firmware installation. You should proceed at your own risk.
• Install all the required drivers
• USB debugging mode must be enabled by accessing the developer options
• Take a backup of all the important data
• Make sure that the device is unlocked
• Ensure that your device is charged at least 80%
• The Android v4.4.2 [N900XXUDND1] update is well-suited for Galaxy Note 3 SMN900 only. And don’t try to flash this on another device. Just check the device model by going through settings and then tap on about phone option.
Install Android KitKat On Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- To begin with, you should download Android KitKat firmware
- Download Odin software as well
- Do extract this zip formed firmware in order to get the .tar.md5 file and few other files
- Unzip the Odin to get the executable files for Odin
- Switch off the Galaxy Note 3 and then reboot in download mode
To do this you must press and hold the volume down, home and power buttons together. A construction Android robot should pop up on the screen with a warning triangle. Keep tapping the volume up button to get into download mode
- Open the Odin on PC through Administrative privileges
- Connect the device in download mode with the computer via USB cable. The moment Odin detects the device, the “added!” message will appear and the color of ID:COM box will become light blue and a new number for COM port will be there
- Pick all those files from firmware folder in Odin which you have extracted earlier
- Click the PDA button then select .tar.md5 file
- Tap on phone button then select the file which says MODEM
- Hit the CSC button and select the related file called CSC file
- Click on PIT button and similarly select the next button which is actually PIT button
- Ignore all the other three missing files
- Choose the Auto Reboot and then reset the Time options in the Odin. Also confirm that you’ve un-checked the option named “Re-Partition”
- Make sure that the preceding procedure have been completed and after that hit the start button to start the new firmware installing in Odin.
When the firmware installation has been completed, a success message will be emerging with in left most box in Odin. The device will reboot now you can remove the connected USB carefully. Your device should be running on Android 4.4.2 now and you can check this by accessing the about phone option of your device.